Barrett Garrison demonstrates the world from the point of view of the average Westie owner.
Some dogs were bred to retrieve, and others to sit on the lap of royalty. Westies were bred to "go to ground" and kill critters the size of a fox and smaller, working in packs with humans. Because of this, Westies:
- are vocal (they bark and "talk");
- dig, and chase small critters moving quickly in front of them;
- are best for owners who can provide firm, yet loving, guidance;
- require fenced areas or leashes when outdoors;
- play hard and often growl during play;
- are HIGH ENERGY and tend to stay that way for many years;
- are smart and tenacious;
- do not respond well to harsh corrections; and
- are excitable!